Lawn Care Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Registered
6,313 Posts
I don't get why people want commercial. Stick with res. Commercial most of the time want low(est) price. All the big companies in my area do HOA/Commercial,have like a million employees and prob make not much of a profit at the end of the year. This is how i view accounts: if the bottom line has a profit,then it is worth it. Don't take on accounts just to say hey i have 500 accounts. If it is profitable to you, then go for it. I would much rather deal with residential.

· Registered
6,313 Posts
dude, chill the hell out. Im going by what I know about big LCO's in my area. They need to have tons of big commercial accounts to stay alive. Most commercial from what I know in my area go for low bidders. Ok, so you have work year round, that is good. I wasn't disputing that.

I didn't literaly mean 500 accounts.

Maybe in your area residential is bad. I live in one of the most wealthiest areas in the US and these people aren't getting rid of their maintenance. Most are still even doing landscaping.

· Registered
6,313 Posts
I know what you are saying. I have two friends that each have 1 commercial account that both pay really well. The commercial in my area that are "lowbid" are typically the condo complexes(which we have tons of). They don't do mulch, planting,etc. It is just maintenance and tree trimming 1 or 2 times a year. If you get commercial that pays well and does all the extras, that is awesome. I wouldn't mind commercial at all as long as it pays well.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.