• Thankful For Your Family…. Business?
    Landscaping businesses are often family endeavors. While this can combine the best of both worlds (personal and professional), it isn’t always smooth sailing. Click here to read more.

company name /logo

clean_cut

LawnSite Bronze Member
I like everything but the logo, it just doesn't look good in my opinion, try something else for the picture.

clean_cut

LawnSite Bronze Member
No one else?

KPW LawnCare

LawnSite Senior Member
Yea deff not the logo dosent seem like a lawn care logo.

360ci

LawnSite Bronze Member
If your set on that name, be sure to spell it with proper capitals: "The Other Side of Lawn Care". Personally I think the name is a bit long. It sounds more like a slogan, sorry.

Don't forget, if you plan to advertise the business name AND slogan on business cards, vehicles, etc, the lettering is going to very small and hard to read.

If you decide to stick with it, that's fine, as it's ultimately your decision. As a business card design, I'd drop the horse logo, and use a wider logo (business card size). Put a fence down the center at an angle, if you want. Then just take a photo of grass, or draw your own it doesn't have to be perfect unless you really want it to be (take a photo of grass and crop/edit it). Then post that on one side of the fence, and on the other, you can just put a photo/collage of dirt, burned grass, weeds, etc. Just a thought.

OP
J

jbsimerly

LawnSite Member
Don't forget, if you plan to advertise the business name AND slogan on business cards, vehicles, etc, the lettering is going to very small and hard to read.

I see what you are saying about the words being small but i wanted something different not just the same ol thing like jb's lawncare or something like that and like i said before i really appreciate any inpute i can get

MSS Mow

LawnSite Senior Member

RodneyK

LawnSite Senior Member
Here is a little better advice:

1) Keep coming up with names. Come up with 20, narrow down to 5. Look at them everyday for a week. Narrow it down to three. If they are all viable post them on here and see what response you get. If the three are not all good then start over until you have three. Be sure to include a list of services so people will know if the name fits you or not. Also include whatever you do if anything that is unique to your market. Naming is hard work and hard to do right but it is key. Challenge yourself. But, it just might not be one of your talents. If not that is ok hire a freelance copywriter. This is going to be your identity for years to come.

2) Once you have a name find a freelance graphic designer or use one of the logo sites that gives you three looks for $100 or so. Yes, you will need to pay to have this done!$100 is nothing, remember this is your identity moving forward for years! Once you have the looks post them on here for feedback, get your edits made and you should be off to the races. Remember when posting info to the logo designer that this thing needs to look good on business cards, shirts, truck, etc. Keep in mind all the uses for a logo. A true professional logo will adapt to everything you need easily. Think about all of these uses when choosing the logo also.

Good luck!