Company Worth

Discussion in 'Business Operations' started by jerryLAWNCARE, Mar 23, 2019.

1. jerryLAWNCARE

jerryLAWNCARE LawnSite Member

I own a lawn care company - fertilizing, weed control, etc in Canada. I have 3300 customers and revenue about 800k before taxes. What is this worth without my assets. I have about 350k in assets (trucks, equipment) all paid off. Over 10 years in business and excellent reputation. I get a 75% return rate every year. In my mid 30s and thinking of calling it quits. I profit about 200-250k a year.

Just sick and tired of dealing with customers lol.

2. BigJlittleC

BigJlittleC LawnSite Fanatic
    from Chicago

3300 clients with only 800k? Seems off as thats only 250ish per client?

As the owner could you not delegate customer service to someone else? If that's your biggest issue hire or promote someone to deal with it.

3. Oxmow

Oxmow LawnSite Senior Member

Umm...maybe...20 bucks...yep 20 bucks...i’ll be up Monday! Have the keys ready

zlandman likes this.
  4. OP
    OP
    jerryLAWNCARE

Yap $250-280 is about right. We only service lawns 5-6 times a year every 5-6 weeks. I can't seem to be apart from the customer service part. Family owned business. My wife and sister. Really hard not to be apart from our customers. I am just wondering what someone will pay for my business. I will probably deal with it for a 15 more years if needed. I make good money but wondering what its worth to people here.

5. snomaha

snomaha LawnSite Bronze Member
    from midwest

You’re in your mid thirties and you want to call it quits? What else are you going to do that gets you that kind of return?

What is your salary for what you do in the business?

Mark Oomkes likes this.
  6. KAZ

KAZ LawnSite Member

Where in Canada?

7. TPendagast

TPendagast LawnSite Fanatic
    Male

It’s not worth much of anything without the ability to turn key
    It would require profit AFTER substantial owners salary and structured so that someone like an investor could buy the business and have a manager operate it.
    No one notices if Pepsi gets a new owner
    That’s how you need to be set up
    Once you’ve done that

You can sell your assets and the turnkey business as a whole for somewhere around a half million ... more if it comes with real estate.

hort101, Mdirrigation and zlandman like this.
  8. Bunton Guy

Bunton Guy LawnSite Silver Member

If your wife and sister are part owners I doubt you'll be able to sell the company without them stopping you.

9. TPendagast

TPendagast LawnSite Fanatic
    Male

Yea I was thinking all that too..
    I’m pretty sure he thought what he has is worth millions , so I refrained on commenting on any of that.

Tired of dealing with customers?
    And that’s not going to happen at any employment he’d have for the rest of his life? No customers?
    No he’s assuming he can sell out at live off the proceeds... which he can’t .

10. OP
    OP
    jerryLAWNCARE

Not worth much I doubt it. I didn't realize a 300k profit is not worth much. Turn key ready of course I don't understand this statement. Anyone who buys can run it. Alot of opportunity to offer my clients snow removal and lawn cutting and be a very large company. I make way more money in stocks and I make 300k in a month easy in stocks. I have my house paid and no bills so don't need the stress anymore.