• Online Events For Landscapers!
    With GIE+EXPO cancelled, virtual education and product launches are filling up the fall. Check out dates for Caterpillar, Exmark, NALP, and more. Click here to learn more.

Compare,shindaiwa T230 And Echo 261t

Grits

LawnSite Silver Member
I don't know about the Shindy, but I have that Echo, and it is awesome. Light weight, good balance, tons of power/torque. LOVE IT!

trent515

LawnSite Member
I think the T231 is an AWESOME TRIMMER. Granted, it ISN'T the most powerful one out there, but it has good balance, a good cutting head, and will last a heck of a long time. I picked up a new one last year on sale for $230, and haven't had any problems with it. The hospital that I work for part-time in the summer uses Shindaiwa EXCLUSIVELY, and I mean they get beat to nothing, thrown around in the back of trucks and trailers, dropped, never get maintenance like they should, yet they ALWAYS run. I don't think you could find a better trimmer for the price. Of course, if you want to cut down brush that's over your head, a step up in size would be warranted, but for your average lawn, you can't go wrong.

ChadsLawn

LawnSite Bronze Member
I dont have an echo, but I own a husq 125L trimmer stihl fs55 trimmer and a Shin T230.. The T230 is the trimmer I pick everytime. KleanKuts Ive cut down many of overgrown grass/weeds with my T230 and never had a problem. My next trimmer will be a Shin as well..

4curbappeal

LawnSite Senior Member
I just bought an Echo 261T and so far love it! It seems a little heavier than my other Echo trimmers, but the awsome ballance more than makes up for it. Excellent power for a $300 trimmer!