• Thankful For Your Family…. Business?
    Landscaping businesses are often family endeavors. While this can combine the best of both worlds (personal and professional), it isn’t always smooth sailing. Click here to read more.

Compliments

BigMatt11

LawnSite Member
So I was thinking today about a compliment I received from a customer of mine back in June and thought I would share it with all of you. Before I tell you the moral of the story I’ll say just a few things about my background. I’m 17 (16 at the time) and go to a few different camps throughout the summer and still have 7 normal customers and then I cover 18 yards for a friend in the fall. With that being said I sent a letter to all of my customers telling them that I wouldn’t be coming on the normal days for the next few weeks. At most I was off by 2 days from my normal schedule. So this letter was just an informational letter. Two days after it went in the mail one of my customers called my house (witch I don’t know how he got the number). My mom answered the phone and talk to him for a minute or two. She then yelled downstairs to me and said “Matt do you know who that was on the phone?” I said no. She said “It was Steve, the guy you mow for.” so I went upstairs to figure out why he called my house. My mom they told me “He called and ask for dad but I told him that he wasn’t home and he asks if I was your mother and I said yes. He then told me” “Whatever you’re teaching your son…keep doing it.” He then went on to tell her a few more compliments and why he was calling. Then the next day I received a text message from him that said “Matt, I want to let you know that the letter you sent was extremely professional. It shows commitment and responsibility. You will be very successful in life.” This message is coming from a person very high up in a well known bank. After this I felt really good.:walking:

Please feel free to add any compliments you’ve received in the past.

wingetlawncare

LawnSite Member
Keep up the excellent work. thats awesome