I had Johndeer/Lesco do a test on some compost that a local mulch dealer has been selling for years. They misunderstood what I was looking for and this is what I got . test-organic matter Results-35.9% organic matter Test method-organic matter reported as loss on ignition at 440 c on oven dry (105 c) compost. Conforms to ASTM D 2974 Method C. Is this good or bad? I asked them what the other 64.1% of it was and they said dirt.