1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Catch up on the conversation with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns in the Franchising forum plus sign up to receive a FREE eBook on how to grow your landscape business.

Dismiss Notice

Concrete, Stepping Stones, or Pavers

Discussion in 'Hardscaping' started by betmr, May 3, 2009.

1. betmr

betmr LawnSite Bronze Member

I'm Looking for opinions i.e. Negative and Positive for a walkway on the north side of my house. Location is Central New Jersey. Winter= Snow, Ice & Freezing Rain. Soil= Clayie. Planning walkway about 50' front to back, through shady type shrubs in beds on either side.

My choice & Wife's choice differ. Best long term Product for this application ? Please share your opinions, Thanx

2. 4 seasons lawn&land

4 seasons lawn&land LawnSite Gold Member
    from NY

If installed correctly everything is long term, concrete less so but still long lasting anyway.

3. Bru75

Bru75 LawnSite Senior Member

I agree, all of these will work. Just depends on what you and the Mrs. want it to look like.

4. Land and Lawn Lover

Land and Lawn Lover LawnSite Member

My personal preference for walkways and patios are tumbled Village Pavers. The cost for poured concrete in our area is a bit higher than pavers, and the pavers look so much better (not fake). Proper installation is the key to a great outcome, regardless of which method you choose. :)