1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Catch up on the conversation about fertilization strategies for success with the experts at Koch Turf & Ornamental in the Fertilizer Application forum.

    Dismiss Notice

Condo Complex?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by nherweck, Feb 9, 2006.

  1. nherweck

    nherweck LawnSite Senior Member
    Messages: 326

    OK...I typed out a 4-5 paragraph bio/intro/question, but when I minimized this screen to check my email real quick, all the writing I typed disappeared...SOOO...I'm going to get straight to the point...

    I found a condo complex that was being serviced by a local LC and they're getting out of the business, and they complex will be needing a new LC to pamper them. I'm not sure of the specs, I'm hoping I can talk to the manager of the condo complex to get all that (am I going in the right direction?). I know the guy was getting 25,000/year out of the complex for his work, so I have a pretty good guess at where I'll bid.

    Now...What do I NEED to be eligible to place a bid on a commercial property in Northern KY? By the end of the week I'll have 1-2mil. gen. liability ins. I'm hoping to get commercial auto (not sure of value...what is recomended?). It'll either be just me or I'll sub-contract someone as this will be the ONLY account I need their help. Do any of you have an example 'agreement' I can use or work off of? In the agreement, should the yearly price be shown? Monthly? Per-Visit? Like I said earlier...I'm pretty new to the commercial bidding, so any help would be wonderful. :confused: :)
  2. nherweck

    nherweck LawnSite Senior Member
    Messages: 326

    one more thing...am I right to ask a manager at the complex for specs and what would be required to be completed? Or is there some sort of unwritten rule for LCs to know all this? :p
  3. Ky.Smoke

    Ky.Smoke LawnSite Member
    Messages: 44

    I am here in Louisville. You may need to look into getting workers comp. Alot of places around here require you to have it and pay it on any employees. Also if you are going to sub some of it out you need to get a contractors permit. Here in Louisville you have to apply through Metro Government I dont know about up there. You will also probably need to get a CPA to handle a 1099 for the contracted work. Hope this helps alittle.

Share This Page