Connecticut... daily feats of strength! Rants & Raves

Discussion in 'Network: North' started by GreenscapeCT, May 19, 2019.

1. OP
    OP
    GreenscapeCT

GreenscapeCT LawnSite Member

No growth in Connecticut, the states population is projected to decline over the next 20+ years.

I can’t tell the difference between start-ups and the guys trading-in one rusty truck for another.

GRANTSKI likes this.
  2. GRANTSKI

GRANTSKI LawnSite Bronze Member

Just feed them some type of formula till they are big enough to go . They live on the marsh so just let em go out back after a cpl weeks. Ugly little guys but harmless

3. OP
    OP
    GreenscapeCT

Yes, ugly... so ugly, maybe actually cute.

My brother-in-law is a Colonel with CT DEEP (formerly State Encon Police). If your brother ever needs help placing them, I know DEEP animal husbandry keeps data on which creatures are under/over populated geographically.

4. OP
    OP
    GreenscapeCT

Your brother sounds like a really good guy. The state has funds (not very much $), that they provide, to help those who rehabilitate specific species.

I’ll check with my bro/cop-in-law.

5. sjessen

sjessen LawnSite Fanatic
    Male, from Knoxville, Tn

In your opinion what needs to happen for this trend to turn around?

Walker56 likes this.
  6. OP
    OP
    GreenscapeCT

Have you been following what is happening with the pension fund for Tennessee educators?

Connecticut has too much debt load and no tenable solution.

... I don’t have the time or passion, to explain the problems with Connecticut.

7. sjessen

sjessen LawnSite Fanatic
    Male, from Knoxville, Tn

No but I am guessing we are doing the same things as other parts of the country.

Walker56 likes this.
  8. OP
    OP
    GreenscapeCT

Stop guessing... research... learn.... about Tennessee, what’s happening and what you can do.

It affects your business and your businesses future! Solo/one-truck/multi-crews... the future of Tennessee is the future of your businesses.

9. sjessen

sjessen LawnSite Fanatic
    Male, from Knoxville, Tn

Did a little bit of research per your instructions. According to local articles the Tennessee Pension Fund is one of the best funded in the nation being able to pay 93% of its obligations.

Is there something else I should know about? We aren't hearing anything about pensions in the news. But, a voucher system is in the works. Some hate the idea some are for it.

Walker56 likes this.
  10. GRANTSKI

GRANTSKI LawnSite Bronze Member

How about that wind yesterday. Mowing was like torture