• Thankful For Your Family…. Business?
    Landscaping businesses are often family endeavors. While this can combine the best of both worlds (personal and professional), it isn’t always smooth sailing. Click here to read more.

Connector Question?

Tockit

LawnSite Member
I have a 2009 Super Z/60 with a 28 EFI Kohler.

I purchased a spot spraying rig for weeds last fall that you pull behind the mower. This spot sprayer has an electric pump that requires a 12 volt power source.

I noticed that directly behind the seat on my Super Z, there is a 4 pin connector that is capped from the factory. Is there a certain purpose for that connector, and could I make-up a harness that tapped into that connector to run my sprayer pump?

If not, is there any other connectors, etc, that exist on a Super Z, besides just tapping right onto the battery?

Thanks!

mowerconsultant

LawnSite Fanatic
If you can post a picture of the connector I can tell you what it is.
I would be cautious in using any extra power drawing attachments, other than the Hustler LED light kit.
The added draw on the electrical system can cause low voltage and the unit may not run correctly due to it being a EFI.

Pj

OP
Tockit

Tockit

LawnSite Member
If you can post a picture of the connector I can tell you what it is.
I would be cautious in using any extra power drawing attachments, other than the Hustler LED light kit.
The added draw on the electrical system can cause low voltage and the unit may not run correctly due to it being a EFI.

Pj
Well, didn't think about that.

Is there a certain voltage draw limit that Hustler recommends or do you know how much the LED's draw?

Just curious...

MOWER ACE

LawnSite Member
please dont connect into the plug your talking about its a diagnostic port to hook a computer up to for testing when you have a problem on an efi.

3Bladz

LawnSite Member
I wouldn't use any connectors on the unit It could be where the laptop connects to the ecu