Considering a Wright ZK, seeking insight from owner/operators

arl250

LawnSite Bronze Member
Good info, the turbo force on my Z master really does preform well in bad conditions
I actually almost bought a wright before the demo because we have a really good dealer here which I buy quite a bit of handhelds and materials from... and he’s actually sent quite a bit of work my way. So I was pretty disappointed in how the deck preformed I didn’t even have the heart to tell him what I thought about it haha. However that was my experience others may speak differently. There’s quite a few people around here that use these wright mowers because of him and they all like them

TPendagast

LawnSite Fanatic
If I buy another Toro machine I'll just buy another Z master, I am willing to give the Wright a shot because I hear rave reviews of its cut quality and how well sorted it is. The Grandstand seems to still need a little tweaking here and there, possibly in another generation or two I would try it.

Yes, my dealer said come get it first thing in the morning and use it all day as long as I have it back before they close same day.
I thought you were thinking of a stander because of your back?

The toro grandstands current model is excellent
I demoed it last year along with several of my staff
My favorite stander so far
And I’ve ridden a lot of Wright’s over the years and I used to work for Dane scag, test -breaking his stuff.

Toro grandstand has excellent hill stability and all day mowing comfortability
The ZK is faster

If zmaster is an option, just get another zmaster

arl250

LawnSite Bronze Member

And I’ve ridden a lot of Wright’s over the years and I used to work for Dane scag, test -breaking his stuff.

The ZK is faster

Yes I agree with you 100% on this.. I’ve been demoing several and by for the grandstand is my favorite so far

TPendagast

LawnSite Fanatic
Yes I agree with you 100% on this.. I’ve been demoing several and by for the grandstand is my favorite so far
Toro was amount the first to have a stander after Wright and Great Dane, JD bought Great Dane for their surfer, later sold Dane and had Wright make their machines.
Toro has been at the stander game longer than most
It’s always felt more like a surfer than a stander to me ... I think the super surfer dna lives on in the toro design.

sven1277

LawnSite Senior Member
I love the zk. If we didn't need to bag during fall/spring cleanups, I would only run zk's. Their Hill holding capabilities are great .I don't know what the other guys are talking about. Less expensive than the TT, takes up less room on the trailer. We love them. I had a first generation zk. It is dead but we got nearly 3000hrs out of it. Had to replace one spindle during it's life. Now have a second gen zk. Love it just as much. Have a couple of TT's, a 48" vride and a 61" vride. The only reason I went with the 61 vride over another zk was price. Because of Scag fleet pricing. In hindsight, I should have just bought another zk . I will be this year

TPendagast

LawnSite Fanatic
I love the zk. If we didn't need to bag during fall/spring cleanups, I would only run zk's. Their Hill holding capabilities are great .I don't know what the other guys are talking about. Less expensive than the TT, takes up less room on the trailer. We love them. I had a first generation zk. It is dead but we got nearly 3000hrs out of it. Had to replace one spindle during it's life. Now have a second gen zk. Love it just as much. Have a couple of TT's, a 48" vride and a 61" vride. The only reason I went with the 61 vride over another zk was price. Because of Scag fleet pricing. In hindsight, I should have just bought another zk . I will be this year

Wright didn’t design the ZK specifically with hill stability in mind, it’s other standers are better on hills.
That’s doesn’t mean the zk is bad at hills, just that the other offerings are purpose designed for hills where as the Zk is purpose designed to put produce ztrs

OP
D

DLM155

LawnSite Member

The ZK is faster

I am considering a stander for my back, but I'm not doubling over in pain or really even having much trouble with it at all so the mower has got to preform correctly over everything else. I am replacing my Z master with a new machine, the dealer I use sells Toro Wright and Scag, I am not considering Scag for cost reasons and poor parts availability from the dealer (Scag isn't popular here at all, they're very low volume with them as a result). The dealer has been pushing Wright really hard, the price is about the same as the Z master so I told him I'd try a demo on Monday, we'll see how it does I suppose. Raining this weekend so I should have shitty wet conditions to observe its performance with come Monday

If it doesn't blow my skirt up I'll just grab another Z Master and deal with my back.

TPendagast

LawnSite Fanatic
I am considering a stander for my back, but I'm not doubling over in pain or really even having much trouble with it at all so the mower has got to preform correctly over everything else. I am replacing my Z master with a new machine, the dealer I use sells Toro Wright and Scag, I am not considering Scag for cost reasons and poor parts availability from the dealer (Scag isn't popular here at all, they're very low volume with them as a result). The dealer has been pushing Wright really hard, the price is about the same as the Z master so I told him I'd try a demo on Monday, we'll see how it does I suppose. Raining this weekend so I should have shitty wet conditions to observe its performance with come Monday

If it doesn't blow my skirt up I'll just grab another Z Master and deal with my back.
They have some sexy new seats these days
Will probably help with your back

sjessen

LawnSite Fanatic
Wright didn’t design the ZK specifically with hill stability in mind, it’s other standers are better on hills.
That’s doesn’t mean the zk is bad at hills, just that the other offerings are purpose designed for hills where as the Zk is purpose designed to put produce ztrs
TPendegast, you may be totally correct in what is posted above. That said, the ZK looks like it would be great on hills. Wide stance, wide tires.

Top Forums