• Thankful For Your Family…. Business?
    Landscaping businesses are often family endeavors. While this can combine the best of both worlds (personal and professional), it isn’t always smooth sailing. Click here to read more.

consistant pricing for commercial & resid

jbro34

LawnSite Member
I recently gave estimates out to 5 commercial locations, after looking around the site and comparing some treads to come with a cosistant price structure for my bids. Being that I live in southeastern Ohio I bid it out like this: $30x each unit. Four out of the 5 bids came back saying that I was over pirced and this is getting frustrating. I bid out residential prop starting at $35 and have had much better luck with that.

example: $30x8 units with lots of clean-up= $280

expected time 2.5 hrs

any help woulbe great

thanks -Jason

Alluring Lawns

LawnSite Member
On large commercial bids, I just figure how long the job will take and then come up with an hourly rate tyipically around $40 per hour. $112 per hour seems pretty steep.

Good luck this year

OP
J

jbro34

LawnSite Member
I recently gave estimates out to 5 commercial locations, after looking around the site and comparing some treads to come up with a cosistant price structure for my bids. Being that I live in southeastern Ohio I bid it out like this: $30x each unit. Four out of the 5 bids came back saying that I was over pirced and this is getting frustrating. I bid out residential prop starting at $35 and have had much better luck with that.

example: $30x8 units with lots of clean-up= $240

expected time 2.5 hrs

any help wouldbe great

thanks -Jason Everyone best of luck this this]

AzLawnMan

LawnSite Senior Member
On commercial apartments, your looking at anywhere between, $10-15 a unit. But thats not always accurate. When that comes into play you have to figure out your man hours and cost for the property. Every property is never the same. It takes some practice, but $30 per unit on apartments is really high. Residential $35 is about right for the average.

yardguy28

LawnSite Platinum Member
i bid everything and i mean EVERYTHING the same. if i'm gonna bid a residental at $32 and i come across a commerical property the same size it gets the same $32 bid.