• Thankful For Your Family…. Business?
    Landscaping businesses are often family endeavors. While this can combine the best of both worlds (personal and professional), it isn’t always smooth sailing. Click here to read more.

Contract Account Discounts

ken50

LawnSite Member
I have just started, and have about a dozen accounts right now, but none of them are contract accounts. When you guys go out and get accounts that pay year round on a monthly basis, how much of a discount do you normally offer? If you would charge, say, $45/cut biweekly, what would u charge on monthly basis year round? Or, do you even offer a discount?

Thanks

OP
K

ken50

LawnSite Member
Well, so far, Trevor, they pay me at the time of service, but I agree with you, I would much prefer to just get that check in the mail every month. Problem is, around here, the ones I have spoken to so far are resistent to the monthly contracts. That is why I was wondering how much of a discount, if any, is normal...
Thanks for the reply....

gator-town

LawnSite Member
If you would charge, say, $45/cut biweekly, what would u charge on monthly basis year round?
I would do it as such ... (36 cut per year) X ($45) = $1,620 / 12 months = $135.00 per month ... offer fall and spring cleanups, pruning, hedge clipping, fert, aeration, de-thatch, power washing hard surfaces, etc. for additional charges ... offer "all inclusive" if you are looking to offer them a deal ... normally it would cost them $200 per month offer at $180 ... that's a 10% discount ($240) ... or one month free with 12 month contract ... good luck .

OP
K

ken50

LawnSite Member
Thanks Marc. That is exactly the information I was looking for, and falls right in line with what I was thinking as well...10% discount, anything other than cut and edge is extra.