1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Catch up on the conversation with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns in the Franchising forum plus sign up to receive a FREE eBook on how to grow your landscape business.

Dismiss Notice

contract questions???

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by swing blade, Jan 30, 2004.

1. swing blade

swing blade LawnSite Member

Hi everyone,

I have a customer that i am doing some work for right now and he wanted me to give him a quote on cutting the lawn. I told him that I would have to get back to him with an answer. I am working up the quote and I wanted to know if I should just put in a price per cut, or if I should also put a price per month or a price for the year. Also, what other info should I put in the quote???

Thanks ahead of time
    Swing blade

2. cush

cush LawnSite Senior Member

I think contracts are a waste of time for residential. However you do need a signed agreement as to what services you will be providing and for what price. A contract is used to lock in a customer for a certain time. I do use them for commercial jobs because they require more of my resources. I wouldn't want to buy a bunch of new equipment and have them back out a week later. For res I figure if for whatever reason they decide to drop you even if you had a signed contract you wouldn't get a lawyer involved to enforce it. Just sign an agreement on price and services and make them give a written notice if they ever feel they no longer need you.