• Online Events For Landscapers!
    With GIE+EXPO cancelled, virtual education and product launches are filling up the fall. Check out dates for Caterpillar, Exmark, NALP, and more. Click here to learn more.

Converting and open to an enclosed

ChadsLawn

LawnSite Bronze Member
Im thinking about converting my open trailer into an enclose trailer. Has anyone done this. Im just looking for some ideas..

Thanks

Rizzo

LawnSite Senior Member
What do you have to work with Chad? Do you weld or want to make it out of wood? It's not gonna be easy to make a hard side/roof trailer that will allow you to not overload your axle rating when you put your equipment inside and be structurally sound when going down the road. If you are looking for shelter then rig some tarp bows out of tubing and that would be light weight. Also, making the roof water proof may be a challenge. I'll try to help with ideas if you give trailer and material info...

FearThisDeere

LawnSite Bronze Member
Buy an enclosed trailer. It'll be much easier.

MarcSmith

LawnSite Fanatic
My folks had a 16' open trailer converted. they made the sides out of expanded metal and the roof was corrogated galvinized sheet metal. It sounds gehtto, but it looked real nice and with all the holes in on the expanded metal it was much easier to mount racks and such.

Rizzo

LawnSite Senior Member
There is a lawnsite member that has one enclosed with steel mesh. It looks very secure. Whats you primary reason for the enclosed?