converting older zero turn into a sprayer/spreader

Discussion in 'Pesticide & Herbicide Application' started by Crabtree, Apr 3, 2006.

  1. Crabtree

    Crabtree LawnSite Member
    Messages: 20

    I have a Bunton Estate pro homeowner grade that I don't want to mow with anymore. It only has the pressurized oil pumps instead of hydro. It is too slow. But I had a brainstorm to convert it to a sprayer spreader like the lesco z 2 spreader sprayers. Take off the deck and mount a tank where the deck is. I have seen this conversion kit somewhere, I hope it wasn't in a dream. Does anyone know where I could find such a conversion kit? I tried googling but can't find anything except jrco stuff, but they don't have it.
  2. GreenUtah

    GreenUtah LawnSite Senior Member
    from SLC, UT
    Messages: 866

    I haven't seen a kit for doing this, but the plumbing and valves are offered in what seems like a million places, the tank you could have fabbed by a local plastics/fiberglass or metal shop. The trick is getting ratios to match up with your pump slow vs. your ground speed and the rates you want to use with mixing. Don't forget an accessable fill hole and site guage for your tank and make sure the stator on your machine has enough juice to power the pump.
  3. Crabtree

    Crabtree LawnSite Member
    Messages: 20

    sounds a little too complicated, guess I could just sell the thing and buy a Z spray, but thanks for the info...

Share This Page