Coolest/Strangest Things Ever Found When Mowing

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by landscaper22, May 13, 2018.

1. landscaper22

landscaper22 LawnSite Bronze Member

I am sure something like this has probably been posted before but may be worth it again. I found something the other day while I was mowing and I started thinking about all the things I have found or run across while out mowing. The other day I found a cool homemade walking stick. Other things I remember running across are a pink pair of panties, a machete, pvc pipe cutters, and money several times. a $20 bill was the most I ever found at one time.

The oddest thing I ever remember running across was a boa constrictor. I serviced for a lady years ago, and she had a mobile home that has a creek running down one side but was surrounded by woods. She had told me she saw a big snake and to be careful and she thought it may have been a boa. I laughed it off thinking it could have been a 4 ft long rat snake and she wouldn't know the difference. Sure enough, as I went to start the trimmer after mowing, I heard the crazy noise and went to investigate. the noise I heard was a squirrel squealing. I looked up in tree and there it was with a freaking boa wrapped around it..I was like holy ****. so if I even had a cell phone then, we never thought of really using it as a camera even if it had one. This had to be in my first year or 2 of mowing so that was probably 2003ish. Now of course I would have had a video of it lol.

I just thought about it and I am sure many of you have seen some funny things.

2. Delmarva Keith

Delmarva Keith LawnSite Member

An antler. Seen them in the woods but this year was first time I picked one up off a yard.

landscaper22 likes this.
  3. Ridin' Green

Ridin' Green LawnSite Fanatic
    Male, from Michigan

I found half a deer rack/shed with 4 points on it once while mowing in a very busy suburban area. Lots of gross stuff like used condoms and tampons and a few pairs of pants etc. People tend to throw that stuff in the ditch in front of a church I mow just to be crude jerks. A new born deer fawn once, but nothing really strange that I can think of right off other than the gross stuff.

4. Wye Oak Tree

Wye Oak Tree LawnSite Silver Member

Coolest thing I found was a envelope with $200 in cash. Almost mowed over it by accident.

5. JFGLN

JFGLN LawnSite Bronze Member

$100 bill. Happened twice in one month. :)

6. KerbDMK

KerbDMK LawnSite Senior Member

The most I found was twenty “bucks”. It was a nice find for me but, that’s a big chunk to have blow out of your purse or pocket.

landscaper22 likes this.
  7. landscaper22

landscaper22 LawnSite Bronze Member

I always love finding money. It has been awhile. I think a lot of it comes form people just putting it in their pockets loose. I have mowed over a bill once that was folded. Luckily it only cut into 4 pieces and I taped it and took it to the bank to trade :laugh:

KerbDMK and Mark Stark like this.
  8. BigJlittleC

BigJlittleC LawnSite Silver Member
    from Chicago

While walking back to load up the truck. I found a trail of ripped bills. It lead right up the road. So I pick up all the pieces and ended up with $30. Not sure what happened it seemed like someone was walking down the street ripping bills as they went. One here another step or two another about half a city block.

landscaper22 and Mark Stark like this.
  9. DawsonLC

DawsonLC LawnSite Member

Found a 38 revolver while spraying near the road at a customers house. Called the Sheriff Dept, they were not concerned about it, so I kept it.

DXN1EL, landscaper22 and Ridin' Green like this.
  10. Highland79

Highland79 LawnSite Member

Coolest 2 bennie's, oddest, a concrete mushroom, it's in my front bed now, cost me a full set of blades lol.

I did see an elderly gentleman deliberately mow over a used pad in his yard the other day right next to my truck. Im guess he really didn't want a business card. Truly a 0 **** given moment!

Last edited by a moderator: May 14, 2018
    landscaper22 likes this.