cordless makita tire inflator

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing Equipment' started by redmax fan, Sep 11, 2019.

1. redmax fan

redmax fan LawnSite Bronze Member

2. TPendagast

TPendagast LawnSite Fanatic
    Male

3. OP
    OP
    redmax fan

ive never used one . just popped up on twitter and i know from construction work makitas an excellent tool so i posted it .ive never seen one before either .

4. TPendagast

TPendagast LawnSite Fanatic
    Male

Price?

I might try one just for the idea of it.

Mower tires , wheel narrows I can see

I’m a bit skeptical on vehicle tires ... but hey a can a fix a flat can pump up a tire ok.. so maybe?

5. OP
    OP
    redmax fan

same here , im just thinking mower tires for the guy that has everything . but like you say fix-a-flat , then have this in truck too and should be good for truck tires .
    150$ - https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07T5GGST4/?language=en_US

6. That Guy Gary

That Guy Gary LawnSite Gold Member

I have the Ryobi one, fills a car to 35 a few minutes. Mower tires to 10-15 should be quick, I would imagine it'll take 10+ mins to get a truck tire to at least 50 but it'll get there.

Ridin' Green likes this.
  7. Derwood

Derwood LawnSite Bronze Member

I too have the ryobi (2 actually). I keep 1 in my Rambox for all the reasons mentioned above, and I keep one in my boat. It will inflate a 2 person tube in about 2 min. Imo, the fact that I can move the hose and use it to DEFLATE those tubes (in about 1 min) might be the coolest thing about it. DeWalt has one that looks just like the Ryobi for $99. The Ryobi is $39. I have the cheaper Ryobi stuff for the things I done use as much (inflators, 4.5 Grinder, etc)

That Guy Gary and hort101 like this.
  8. Derwood

Derwood LawnSite Bronze Member

Fyi the ryobi will do all 4 truck tires easily.

Ridin' Green and fritowrdo like this.
  9. fritowrdo

fritowrdo LawnSite Fanatic

Do you have a link to your Ryobi?

Thx

10. rippinryno

rippinryno LawnSite Bronze Member

These are not much faster than the cheap 10 buck cigarette lighter pumps, but they are cordless so that's an advantage? Has anybody ever tried an actualy pump, like a good bike pump or a good pedal pump? They work, they take a bit of effort I guess, but they're usually faster and they dont' require batteries. If you're getting flats all the time, you carry air.