I plan to core aerate then over seed with a slit seeder. I was planning on doing this on Sat. I live in orange county NY (southern NY). The ground is so hard here do to lack of rain. They are calling for rain Friday and sat. morning. I feel the aerating will work well right after the rain. I am not sure if I should hold off on the slit seeder until next week. This would give the lawn/plugs plenty of drying time. Unfortunately I only have weekends to do this. The property is about 42000 sq. ft. My question is, does anyone see any problems aerating this weekend and slit seeding next weekend. any suggestions or feed back would be appreciated.