Lawn Care Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
6,422 Posts
Just spoke with two guys abut having my lawn done. My lawn is about 3200 sq/ft. One guy was at $65 the other $95. Why such a drastic price difference?
There could be several differences!

See what kind of equipment they are using and how many passes they are making.

If they plug 3-4" deep that is the key!

I would go with the cheapest one if they are both similar, as they are going to get the same results!

It could be possible that the higher price is 2 passes. IF that is the case, I would go with the higher price as you are getting more bang for you buck!

·
Registered
651 Posts
hard to tell about each guys operation there. The one cvharging $95.00 might be renting an aerator or still paying it off, whil the other might have paid for it already or just needs the work. Are they both using core areators or spoon tines? Are they both using hand operated areators or pull behind? $65 is probably more realistic for 3M sq ft,. but knowing the quality of job will determine whether the $30 difference is justifiable.

·
Registered
154 Posts
Boston, if you have a truck, rent a plugger. The local rental stores and hardware carry the commercial style. See if the neighbors or relatives need to have it done. Some rentals charge a minimum (four hours) usage. This saves on a complete day rental. Last time I did, it was $50.00 for four hours. I had ½ an acre to do with plenty of time remaining.

·
Registered
2,167 Posts
Boston, if you have a truck, rent a plugger. The local rental stores and hardware carry the commercial style. See if the neighbors or relatives need to have it done. Some rentals charge a minimum (four hours) usage. This saves on a complete day rental. Last time I did, it was $50.00 for four hours. I had ½ an acre to do with plenty of time remaining.
BINGO ! my friend does this every spring , besides his he does 2 others to split the cost .

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.