Lawn Care Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

· Registered
9 Posts
Has anyone had any experience with liquid aeration? Is it really better than core aeration?

Thanks in advance!
We do both. Liquid aeration is like a soil conditioner. It promotes microbial activity which loosens the soil. It can be applied at any point whereas mechanical aeration is seasonally specific. It is said to have longer effect and penetrate up to 8”. In my experience it does work well. The down side is the product looks like soy sauce and can stain siding if you are not careful. The product also needs to be frequently agitated both in the 275 gal crate and in mix tank. That being said it greatly increases productivity and is far less labor intensive. When we added this service, we notified customers and gave them the option between the two. We included a study showing the efficacy of the product and its benefits over mechanical in our marketing material. There is a subset of customers (old timers) that will be skeptical of the product because it is newer and they are unfamiliar. The younger base seems to be interested in the product however. The product is considered organic which is also a selling point for some. Lastly the product seems to help with hydrophobic soils that will not absorb moisture do to periods of drought.

· Registered
2006 Ford F-150
154 Posts
interesting, i did a bit of research, and while looking at the benifits of both, maybe using both would give the best results?

id love to do a long term experiment comparing the two, in different amounts, different times, etc.

· Registered
1,113 Posts
If you have areas that are heavily compacted and really need aeration there's no substitute for core and preferably top dress.

Liquid is more long-term acting, if you keep it up over months/years, I believe it'll show real benefits.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts