1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Catch up on the conversation with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns in the Franchising forum plus sign up to receive a FREE eBook on how to grow your landscape business.

Dismiss Notice

Correct oil change?

Discussion in 'Hustler Turf Equip (Archived)' started by tezzy, Apr 8, 2005.

1. tezzy

tezzy LawnSite Member

Just purchased a Fastrak 52" with 20 HP Honda. The Hustler manual says change the oil after 5 hours use and the Honda manual says to change it after 1 month or 20 hours. Which is correct? I purchased Opti-4 oil from my dealer to run in the mower which will extend the warranty for two additional years. I noticed he put in SAE 30 and the manual calls out 10W30. Is there that much difference and I am wondering if it will void the warranty in anyway?

2. mowerconsultant

mowerconsultant LawnSite Fanatic
    Male, from Syracuse, NY

Change your oil per the Hustler manual.
    I would check with Honda on oil recommendations, or at least go by what there manual says, I cant possibly give advice on a Honda warranty question.
    Although I have heard of people running opti oil for years with no problems at all.
    You can private message this person, his name is Jim Needham, he is a Honda rep and expert, here is a link to his profile, you can PM him from there.

http://www.lawnsite.com/member.php?userid=19377

Hope this helps