Lawn Care Forum banner

Cost estimating program!

1K views 4 replies 3 participants last post by  nlminc 
#1 ·
I posted this in the Commercial Maintenance forum, but know some of you aren't into maintenance so I thought I would run it here also.

Here's a great program put together by the UGA for contractors. It's run on excel and the cost is VERY reasonable. They have a program also for landscape installation. I attended both classed back in March where they showed how to run the programs. They've put a lot of effort into these programs to try and help people in our industry succeed in their business.

It's not really that difficult to use and I know it would probably help a lot of people out on this site.

There have been so many threads lately about bidding and lowballing...how are they making any money...etc. At least if you plug in YOUR numbers in here this will help you have a better understanding of the whole bidding process, where your money is going and what you are retaining.

Maybe a program like this will help boost our industry someday. If everyone was playing on the same field.......instread crap shot bidding with the wind!

http://www.caes.uga.edu/departments/...ortmanage.html

See less See more
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.