• Landscape Lighting Design: Bright Ideas
    With outdoor spaces more popular than ever, lighting these landscapes may be your next opportunity. Click here to learn more.

Could have been real bad

pjslawncare/landscap

LawnSite Bronze Member
Last stop for the day was four upscale homes. Rite off the bat one of the guys gets a 52" wb half way into the lake in one of the back yards. No way to get it out by hand or even using another mower to pull it out, I had to unhook the truck and snag it out with that. Well things got hairy because access wasnt real good, things were a bit steep and the grass is always wet there. We got it out and patched a couple spots real quick and got back to mowing. Well as I finish mowing and start heading to the truck I turned to see my other worker attemt to load his mower on the trailer when the whole damn thing starts sliding down the street. I can only stand there helplessly watching him freaking, trying to get it (the trailer) stopped as it slides about 150 ft and finally goes over a curb and come to rest on the sidewalk. Needless to say I about crapped my pants. The real kicker to the story is that I was the one who failed to hook the trailer back up. Im usually very good about putting thing back and securing stuff, but this time I screwed up good. The good part is that no one was hurt and nothing got tore up. It did peel back a little peice of sod next to the curb and we fixed that real quick. It could have been a real real BAD situation and we are very lucky it wasnt. One thing for sure is that will never happen again

Az Gardener

LawnSite Gold Member
Your Karma is good grasshopper :D It has been my experience when I am trying to move too quickly or pushing my crew too hard that things like this happen.