1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Catch up on the conversation with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns in the Franchising forum plus sign up to receive a FREE eBook on how to grow your landscape business.

Dismiss Notice

could it be less???

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by lazyike, Apr 29, 2007.

1. lazyike

lazyike LawnSite Senior Member

I get a call from a lady today. She says I hear you have a detaching service, I tell her yes we do detaching, she asks how much? well where do you live? I could come and look at it and give you a price? well um I'm not around I was just wondering if you could give me a ballpark price? i ask city lot average size? she says yes. I suppose 85.00 that would include haul away. Pause
    Any chance it would be less. ( I am thinking less, how could I know without even knowing what I'm getting into) I tell her no. well I'll have to think about it. she then starts to ask question after question and with each one I'm thinking why do I do this to myself? If I had just told her I needed to see it before I could give her an answer. Finally she asks does it get rid of creeping Charlie? I tell her it will not and thanks for telling me because I will not service a yard with that in it because it will spread onto my other customers lawn, you will have to find someone to get rid of it,. Thank you and sorry I cannot help.

2. ncls

ncls LawnSite Senior Member

So you gave up on 85.00 because of creepin' charlie?????