Could Use a little more info on this older walk behind

JLSLLC

LawnSite Fanatic
Hey everyone, Picked this up last season for $600. It says its a JD but after researching for a while i found out its made by Bunton.. Id give the model number to JD and they would just look at me like i couldnt read!! Id like to know where to get a bagger for it, and also it seems like i can only cut at one height unless i break it all down and add washers/spacers..( id like to know where to get them also:) This is my first Real WB, First one was a 33 in craftsman (i know)that did an ok for a month or two until it fell apart.. So here it is any help is appreciated!!:weightlifter:

014.jpg

015.jpg

016.jpg

Last edited:

mikeylikesit5805

LawnSite Senior Member
Looks like my 36 inch bunton. I would say late 80's early 90's. Has a good kaw engine. No electric PTO (which means it wont die on you) I would just get an accelarator bagger for it.

roeslandscaping

LawnSite Member
Your WB has a floating deck, only way to adjust height is to add washers that are already on it either to top of bottom of front casters. the deck height is standard cutting height for most cool season grasses and some warm season. I would get a bagger for any walk behind and custom make a bracket, thats what i did on my winston pro(Bradley)WB. Just be careful with the floating deck, the discharge will get caught on tree roots and you will end up with a throttle control in your stomach :hammerhead: best wishes and good luck in the upcoming season

scagrider22

LawnSite Bronze Member
Your WB has a floating deck, only way to adjust height is to add washers that are already on it either to top of bottom of front casters. the deck height is standard cutting height for most cool season grasses and some warm season. I would get a bagger for any walk behind and custom make a bracket, thats what i did on my winston pro(Bradley)WB. Just be careful with the floating deck, the discharge will get caught on tree roots and you will end up with a throttle control in your stomach :hammerhead: best wishes and good luck in the upcoming season
Thats def not a floating deck, its a fixed deck.

chesterlawn

LawnSite Senior Member
The way you adjust the cutting height is to take off the bolt on each blade bolt and move the spacers either on the top or bottom of the blade bolt. The bolts on the front wheels are to adjust the deck pitch. They cut fine, just a little slow.

OP
JLSLLC

JLSLLC

LawnSite Fanatic
Thanks for all the replies!! I love the mower and want to keep it for a while so i will look into the bagger's as mentioned in before posts. Its a 7sp with no reverse... 1989 1/2 is the year i believe, has a rebuilt Kawi. on it, and a new gearbox. I have caught myself in the side/stomach with that low deck haha.. I want to get over to the garage to clean it up soon