1. Can’t make it to the GIE+EXPO 2017?
    LawnSite brings the trade show floor to your fingertips with our new GIE+EXPO 2017 Sneak Peek video series debuting now in the Lawn Mowing forum.

    Dismiss Notice

Count Down To 20,000 !!!!

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Sean Adams, Jun 17, 2004.

  1. Sean Adams

    Sean Adams LawnSite Gold Member
    Messages: 3,597

    I'm not sure if anyone has noticed, but as I write this (1:34 PM on Wednesday, June 17th) there are 19,956 registered members here at LawnSite.com. More than likely there will be 20,000 members by this time tomorrow. I don't really know what else to say....but how cool is that????

    It would be a nice keepsake for me to see the home page screen with the actual number showing exactly 20,000 members. So whichever member first captures the screen and emails it to me at seanlawnsite@aol.com will receive a complimentary LawnSite t-shirt and mousepad.

    I can't help but think how interesting it would be to get all 20,000 personalities at one place at the same time....I'm sure there would be quite a few hugs, handshakes, and maybe even a few fists here and there....maybe someday.

    Thanks to everyone for making this the best forum and web site the green industry has to offer!!!
  2. fga

    fga LawnSite Silver Member
    Messages: 2,449

    congrats! It must be awesome to see something you created has grown that much!
  3. Sean Adams

    Sean Adams LawnSite Gold Member
    Messages: 3,597

    I have to give credit where credit is due....

    Chuck Keough started this site in 1998. It was his idea.... And then with the help of people like Eric Erickson, Jodi Murphy, Pierre-Luc Soucy, Mike Donovan and many others the site continued to grow and evolve. Eric is no longer with us, but you know he is looking down with a smile on his face. Jodi is still PRIMO-A-#1 moderator, Pierre makes it all happen from behind the scenes, Mike works hard to develop relationships with sponsors, and Chuck is still active as well.

    Chuck and I had many discussions from 2000-2003 and I told him that with some time, effort, manpower and money, this site could move above and beyond what anyone could ever imagine - even him.

    February 1, 2003 I took over the site with a little over 7,000 members. There is still a lot of work to do and many more things on the horizon for this site and it is all possible because of the members and the sponsors.

    Here's to the next 20,000.....:drinkup:
  4. Itsgottobegreen

    Itsgottobegreen LawnSite Silver Member
    Messages: 2,177

    Well you can tank Turf mag. For putting several discussions here on lawnsite into their mag. Other wise I would have never found this site.
  5. lawnjockey51

    lawnjockey51 LawnSite Member
    Messages: 132

    I am a guy who failed miserably at this business 20 years ago, now I am getting ready to do it again ... the right way .... I found this site a few weeks ago and I feel as though I have recieved a PHD in the lawn care industry. I have learned so much about everything from mowers and trimmers, to trucks and trailers. Heck, I even learned about dog poop, now where else could you go to get an education in dog poop?

    So to all those responsible for starting this site and building it to it's unique status ... I thank you.
  6. new-man

    new-man LawnSite Member
    from Midwest
    Messages: 63

    how do you get a screen shot?
    i want that t-shirt and mousepad
  7. DLS1

    DLS1 LawnSite Bronze Member
    Messages: 1,619

    Congrats Chuck and Sean. It always nice to see something you start no matter what it is to become a success.

    Have many have actually posted in the last year? 500?. I imagine most of those are not in the business now.
  8. Geoffrey

    Geoffrey LawnSite Member
    Messages: 107

    Hello guys just wanted to add that word of mouth will continue to enlarge this site. I'm very new here but have told many people I know from school (turfgrass management) about it. They had no idea it even existed until I told them. Keep up the good work and great site!

  9. chuckwk

    chuckwk Founder
    from KC, MO
    Messages: 629

    DLS1 .. In the last 24 hours alone 928 registered / logged in members have visited lawnsite.com. This does not even count all those who are not logged in, and lurkers. (which seems to be about 60/40 ratio.) 60% of the current members online at any given time are logged in and the other 40% are lurkers or members who are not logged in.
  10. when i signed up i dont think there were 3000 members lol

Share This Page