1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Catch up on the conversation about fertilization strategies for success with the experts at Koch Turf & Ornamental in the Fertilizer Application forum.

Dismiss Notice

Country Clipper Charger or Ferris IS 700Z?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing Equipment' started by Grass Cutter123, Sep 22, 2017.

1. Grass Cutter123

Grass Cutter123 LawnSite Member

Hello, I am new to this form so sorry if this is in the wrong section. Looking for a new zero turn to mow about 6 or 7 acres of land. The land is hilly but not extremely as to were it is to steep for a zero turn. Currently mowing with an older John Deere LT155 15 horse Kohler and a 1971 Economy Power King 18 rated at 25 horse, it takes about 4 hours to get it all done with both mowers going at the same time. Went to the local Ferris dealer a few days ago. They had only one IS700Z in stock with the 27HP Briggs and Stratton, but they did say a sales rep was coming in this week to place an order for 2018 models. They said they could get me a 2018 IS700 Z with a new 26 HP Kawasaki EFI engine with the 61 inch deck for 7100. They also said they could throw a suspension seat on the unit for another 500. Does anybody think that is a good deal? Also I have heard a lot of great things about Country Clipper models from the internet and the fact that everybody in the county owns one. Nearest Country Clipper dealer is 50 miles away though and I like the features of the Ferris. Also I can't find a price anywhere for a Country Clipper Charger. Any thoughts are appreciated. Thanks.

2. Oleozz

Oleozz LawnSite Member

The Charger is about $8700 but should do better this time of year. Has the flip up deck but is very heavy on this machine but there is a power deck option for about one grand. I am a fan of Kawasaki engines and the 52 inch deck comes with the 25.5 motor. It also has a hydraulic oil cooler instead of fans on top of the pump motors. All in all they are well built mowers.

3. craigdt

craigdt LawnSite Member

Get the Ferris. But I wouldn't spend an extra 500 on the suspension seat. The mower already has suspension.