1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Catch up on the conversation with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns in the Franchising forum plus sign up to receive a FREE eBook on how to grow your landscape business.

Dismiss Notice

Country Clipper

Discussion in 'Tractors' started by Marv, Mar 2, 2004.

1. Marv

Marv LawnSite Member
    from So. IN

Has anyone here had experience with the Country Clipper ZTR mowers made by Shivvers?

2. rvrdvr

rvrdvr LawnSite Member
    from iowa

Yea I own a jazee and am looking at buying a zeton to go with it. I work at shivvers so any info you need to know about them just ask.

3. DUSTYCEDAR

DUSTYCEDAR LawnSite Fanatic
    from PA

what is that clingon

4. jrs mowing

jrs mowing LawnSite Member
    Male, from Hutsonville Il

What size of zeton are u going to get? Also what are the difference between the 04 series and zeton series 25hp kol. 60" cut. Do they have a new make out this yr.?

5. rvrdvr

rvrdvr LawnSite Member
    from iowa

I am getting a 25 hp kohler 60" deck, J.S.

The difference between the zetons and 04's is that zetons have hydro pumps and wheel motors Which is a LOT better than the 04's hydro transmissions. also the o4's have smaller tires and they have a tendency to throw hydro belts. We quit making 04's end of last year. a Zeton will run circles around it and you wont have near the problems with a zeton.

We do have a new mower coming out we just shipped out all the demos to the dealers, It is a country clipper Charger it is a zeton drivetrain and front pivot axle on a jazee body.

6. jrs mowing

I am looking at charger T.S. 23hp kaw. or 25 kol. 60" my dealer don't have any on hand yet but he said he would have some in 3 wks.
    cant wait to see what they look like....

7. rvrdvr

rvrdvr LawnSite Member
    from iowa

They look real good there smaller than a zeton but with the zetons huge tires on it. Its all red like a jazee.

8. jrs mowing

What sz. of full tank do the charger have?

9. rvrdvr

rvrdvr LawnSite Member
    from iowa

i think its either a 7 or 8 gal. i will check tommorrow.

10. rvrdvr

rvrdvr LawnSite Member
    from iowa

I bought my zeton today, now I just have to bring it here. Its a 25 kohler 60" deck. Also I looked at the charger gas tank it looks like a 7 gallon but i didn't get a chance to ask anyone.