Covers for blower and trimmer?

Reliant Lawns KC

LawnSite Member
I back my trailer into my fenced back yard, and close it off with my gate. I'll admit on stupid hot days I get lazy and dont always grab the trimmer n blower and bring inside. Any of you guys leave on trailer and put on a waterproof cover?

kemco

LawnSite Fanatic
I never have used them but I've seen many a Target or homeless depot bag wrapped over handheld engines during rains around my area.

I just leave them out. Have for dang near 20 years now without any issues.

Turf Tracer

LawnSite Fanatic
Mine on racks on open trailers. Have sat out serious downpours many times over the years. Never had an issue.

Guy even left one in a Municipal drainage ditch he was trimming before running to truck. Completely submerged for good 20 min. Works fine to this day. Did have to drain some water in that one though.

lawnboy dan

LawnSite Platinum Member
I use shopping bags. also helps keep the sun off them as well as rain. here in fla-we have lots of both. primer bulbs and fuel line have lasted much longer since I started doing this. also plastic parts don't age as much

Mownmachine144

LawnSite Bronze Member
I back my trailer into my fenced back yard, and close it off with my gate. I'll admit on stupid hot days I get lazy and dont always grab the trimmer n blower and bring inside. Any of you guys leave on trailer and put on a waterproof cover?
Nope. We use our enclosed trailer and park it.;):laugh::clapping: