1. Is Landscaping An “Essential Business” In Your Region?
    Read the timely article from Turf addressing this question. Click here to learn more.

COVID-19 Safety Procedures For Landscapers
    As you are working out in the field, maximize safety for you, your crews, and customers. Click here to learn more.

Dismiss Notice

COVID 19 Season will be Brutal. Prepare

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Turf Tracer, Mar 16, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Turf Tracer

Turf Tracer LawnSite Fanatic

Assuming we are all not in lockdown, here's how I am handling it. This is going out with snow invoices

Due to the current COVID 19 situation I understand that customers may be under some form of financial distress. For this reason if accommodations for payment of this invoice is required please contact. Also, until the crisis slows rates will be reduced for the upcoming season by 25%. This means that your per cut price from last year will be reduced by 25%. The lower price in gas will help us to absorb some of the lower charge.

Please contact me via email or phone (text or call) if you have any questions and also to inform me of your intentions for the upcoming season so I can plan accordingly.

2. rippinryno

rippinryno LawnSite Silver Member

Damm, 25% cuts across the board. You're losing some money man.

3. OP
    OP
    Turf Tracer

if its not crazy where you are at now it will be soon.

4. Mark Stark

Mark Stark LawnSite Fanatic

Well it's bonkers here and we're not cutting costs at all. I'm curious why you think cutting prices is a smart move?

5. rippinryno

rippinryno LawnSite Silver Member

I'm also curious to know why you think this season will be brutal? Maybe it's your customers? Majority of mine are going to be getting paid still, and they will still need their lawn mowed.

6. OP
    OP
    Turf Tracer

They likely wont be working soon. Its coming to your area next likely

Allot of people cannot work here and even those that can, their portfolios have taken a huge hit. If nothing else its a show of solidarity with the customer that will pay dividends in the future relationships. We are also efficient enough and according to my projections for fuel savings, profits will still be acceptable.

7. GRANTSKI

GRANTSKI LawnSite Silver Member

More ppl will be home and we offer a home service where we don’t need to come in contact. Atleast half my accounts are the customers 2nd vacation home & lots of retirees that get their $ no matter what . Many other jobs are being moved to Mobil / remote so I’m not too worried.

8. OP
    OP
    Turf Tracer

Im guessing in a few day you will be more worried. It exploded here. And the shutdowns are spreading. Coming in contact with them is not the issue. Everyone will take a huge financial hit. Seniors rely on portfolios to sustain them more than most. If they are just living on social assistance I cant see them being great customers in the first place.

9. JLSLLC

JLSLLC LawnSite Fanatic

A lot of people here are working from home that I know...
    No way am I giving a discount...

10. Mark Stark

Mark Stark LawnSite Fanatic

Good for you for doing what you think is best. We're holding the like on pricing. It's important for us to be handle a slowdown so our staff is paid even if they're working less.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.