Lawn Care Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
3,151 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a customer that at the beginning of the year I had to ask them to move their car a few times so I could get into the back yard. Since then, they've been really good about keeping it out of my way. I show up to mow today, car is in the driveway. I wack the yard, get ready to mow, and the wife comes running out to move the car. She gets in, leaves the door open, and backs up down the driveway. Along the way, she catches a tree with the door, and totally bends the door backwards, crunching the door. She pulls forward, spends about ten minutes trying to get the door to close. I disappeared, not wanting to look like I was watching her. The door is totally ruined. And the worse part: I didn't need her to move the car in the first place!

:dizzy: :dizzy:

·
Registered
305 Posts
I would have wet my pants laughing over that one!

·
Registered
48 Posts
I think the only professional thing to do would be to foot the bill for that error which you are responsible for.

Heh... Just kidding. I'd love to see a Bobby Gedd topic where a customer actually demanded reinbursement for something like that.

·
Registered
3,151 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I felt really bad for her. I didn't want to laugh or look amused in case she was watching. I went to the other side of the yard, around the corner of the house while she was trying to close the door. Pretended not to notice, etc. Not my fault she's too stupid to close her door. It wasn't just a little dent, either. The door caught on the front quarterpanel and bent the hinges and the door metal. Really bad. The car was a good ten feet away from the gate I have to go through to get in there, plenty of room to get my 48 inch wb through. I wouldn't want to have to be there when she explained that one to her husband!

·
Registered
140 Posts
Sue the tree!

Reminds me of when my wife went to back up the m-van closer to the cabin. She had the back tailgate up since we were packing up to leave. She thought "I have a good 10 feet to back up." Caught the tailgate on a 6X6 post. Body shop estimate - $450.00 including repainting the whole tailgate. I used two pipe clamps and a towel to straighten and $2.98 for touch up.

Joe

PS - Obviously a natural blond?

·
Registered
9,476 Posts
If that happened in NJ, you would be getting a letter from her lawyer stating you were somehow responsible for what took place...LOL...they would demand "only" 50% of the cost for repair. If you think I'm kidding, ask some people who are from or have lived in NJ. People here are freaking nuts...

·
Banned
8,742 Posts
LOL

I have a similar customer like that where their at their cottage a Jag was parked on the lawn all the time, I constantly asked them to move it off the lawn totally because it was ruining the lawn, finally I just couldn't take it so I dropped them and told them the reason why...they weren't too happy

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.