1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Catch up on the conversation with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns in the Franchising forum plus sign up to receive a FREE eBook on how to grow your landscape business.

Dismiss Notice

crack by oil pressure switch 27lc kawasaki

Discussion in 'Mechanic and Repair' started by mrjenkins, Jun 25, 2008.

1. mrjenkins

mrjenkins LawnSite Member

Hey all I have a scag turf tiger with a 27 liquid cooled kawasaki. I have a crack on the engine by the oil pressure switch. It leaked a little bit from there before. But I started it this morning and oil was shooting out everywhere. What would be the best way to fix it? Or do I need a new engine? Any ideas would be great

2. mowermankevin

mowermankevin LawnSite Senior Member

Mr. J, Welcome to Lawnsite from one ex-Cheesehead to another,(Go Green Bay!!!). Is the machine still under warranty? Have you searched Kawa's site for answers, (not that they'd admit to a problem), but sometimes the Tech Service Bulletins are made public if you can find an in, hey Restro you still here anymore? How about a good local heli-arc welder having a look at it or a machine shop, but I wouldn't do anything without a digital camera and complaining to the dealer, or bending Kawa's ear real hard,copy? Good Luck, what a drag, C'ya K

3. mrjenkins

mrjenkins LawnSite Member

its a 2002 with 1900 hours so no warranty. I'll look to see if I can find a welder around here.