1. Is Landscaping An “Essential Business” In Your Region?
    Read the timely article from Turf addressing this question. Click here to learn more.

COVID-19 Safety Procedures For Landscapers
    As you are working out in the field, maximize safety for you, your crews, and customers. Click here to learn more.

Dismiss Notice

Cracked Toro seats

Discussion in 'Zone Talk' started by Outlawn, May 5, 2018.

1. OP
    OP
    Outlawn

Outlawn LawnSite Bronze Member

Pulled 2 more cracked diaphragm support rings out of that same account yesterday. HO said he thinks they’re probably 12-15 years old.

24992465-3B95-449C-BB93-24E69F488393.jpeg

23A028A1-61AF-43C4-BCA9-4506EB1CE8B9.jpeg

2. AmarilloSlim

AmarilloSlim LawnSite Member

I always replaced toro stuff. have you contacted Toro Direct? I can on monday while at work if you would like. had a return toro no flow control valve returned few weeks ago for non operation. actually 2 come to think about it.

3. HokieAg07

HokieAg07 LawnSite Senior Member

Thats not uncommon on a Toro 250 / 254 / 252 style valve. Normal service thing on them when older. The male threaded bodies also like to crack on the male threads.

4. NC_Irrigator

NC_Irrigator LawnSite Bronze Member

I’ve seen this cracking too. But Haven’t noted though any instances that the cracks are causing the valve to not operate. We usually have a valve weep, then we will switch out the top end all internal guts. I’m pretty certain this piece just keeps the diaphragm seated properly and not becoming deformed.