• Thankful For Your Family…. Business?
    Landscaping businesses are often family endeavors. While this can combine the best of both worlds (personal and professional), it isn’t always smooth sailing. Click here to read more.

Craftsman 33" walk behind

KPW LawnCare

LawnSite Senior Member
Dont waste your money they are called carpsman for a reason, look into the quick 36.

fiveoboy01

LawnSite Silver Member
It might hold up for a while but it's not going to have the longevity of a true commercial machine. I'm assuming the deck is stamped and the pumps/wheel motors are probably of lesser quality. From the looks of it, it's a gear drive with a center diff, which means you don't have independent control of each wheel, hence no true zero-turn capability. That and I don't like Briggs but that's JMO.

If you're in a pinch and it's all you can get then use it, but the Quick products are MUCH better than the Craftsman and the price is similar I believe.

IN2MOWN

LawnSite Platinum Member

DA Quality Lawn & YS

LawnSite Fanatic
Dont waste your money they are called carpsman for a reason, look into the quick 36.
Not sure why you are relating the Craftsman WB to a scrub fish??

ProcsLC

LawnSite Member
This mower is absolute garbage... My neighbor bought one just to mow his 1 1/2 acre lawn and has brought it over to me 3 or 4 times last season for help fixing it. Sears warranty is an absolute joke, they have denied his "claims" and say that he is abusing the machine and he would have to pay for any repairs needed... Ya, this machine now has 26 hours on it and has been denied 4 times thru sears warranty...

Besides the crap warranty and obvious other defects... The cut is poor, the machine itself is just uncomfortable to use and work with... I really wanted this machine to be nice and was considering adding it as a back up mower on the trailer for the price, but this thing is just a huge headache and I'm glad I got to see it "in action" last season... Big time buyer beware here...

DT Lawn Care

LawnSite Senior Member
Stay away from the 33"s altogether. Crapsman, Troy-Bilt, Cub Cadet, I'm sure there are more. They are all basically the same model, don't even think about using commercially. My dad used to have one to take care of a couple properties, it sucks compared to any REAL commercial mower.

Grass Shark

LawnSite Senior Member
That mower leaves a uncut line of grass down the center of the cut, if the grass is thick or a little wet. I have seen it

MikeKle

LawnSite Platinum Member
I was in Sears the other day and got a look at their 33" WB, it is complete junk! I laughed when I saw the label on the deck, it said..commercial grade deck width? What the hell does that mean anyway? They wanted I think around $1800. for it, it had an industrial 10.5hp engine, and it was a gear drive, but didnt even have the Peerless tranny, it had some no name pos? For that price, you can find a good used "real" commercial WB and you can find a bigger deck than that too for the price. Sears loves to use the term "industrial" on their mowers, I guess they think they can con some guys into thinking they are commercial grade?