• Online Events For Landscapers!
    With GIE+EXPO cancelled, virtual education and product launches are filling up the fall. Check out dates for Caterpillar, Exmark, NALP, and more. Click here to learn more.

Craftsman 33inch walk behind

deere615

LawnSite Fanatic
hey all I no your not all big fans of craftsman but I was looking at the new craftsman 33inch zero turn walk behind I would only be cutting about 3 lawns a week with it
I normally stick with may two hondas but i got a few bigger lawns. I wanted to know how the bagging system worked etc. please let me know your opinions. thanks brad

procut

LawnSite Bronze Member
I saw it the other day when looking through a Sears flyer, and can tell you right now, the thing will be a joke. You would be much better off buying a used 32" or 36" Bob-Cat, Scag, eXmark, ect.

waltslawn

LawnSite Member
i got the 33 in. billy goat walk-behind.it is heavy duty.it cuts great.and has a 5 speed fw. and reverse.i love it.and got it brand new for a grand here in indy.i dont know if they have any left.but it will last me a life-time.good luck

supercuts

LawnSite Silver Member
you had me at craftsman...............do you call 3 lawns a week commerical mowing?

ribbie78

LawnSite Member
you had me at craftsman...............do you call 3 lawns a week commerical mowing?
Who cares? Brad said he added a few bigger lawns; so that probably means he had one lawn; and has now tripled his business. At this stage why would he need to drop 5K in something overkill when he can spend 1K on something decent that wouldn't break for a while doing just 3 yards.

I do agree with procut about finding a good used unit though; especially if there are dealers around you for any of them. A used "good" comm. unit should easily outperform & outlast a "good" new craftsman.

If you plan on adding more lawns than what you have currently I'd shy away from Sears; but if this is just 3 yards a week for some extra $ do whatever.

JayD

LawnSite Silver Member
i got the 33 in. billy goat walk-behind.it is heavy duty.it cuts great.and has a 5 speed fw. and reverse.i love it.and got it brand new for a grand here in indy.i dont know if they have any left.but it will last me a life-time.good luck
Wecome Waltslawn........I'm from Indy too. What side of town are you on?
South side here.:waving:

waltslawn

LawnSite Member
i am on the west side here speedway area.i work from the track out to brownsburg,avon and clermont area.if it would stop raining i could get some work done.i have some yards i havnt even got to because of standing water.and i have a good 4 days of tilling and grading seed and straw.
how about you?raingot you down too.