1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Catch up on the conversation about fertilization strategies for success with the experts at Koch Turf & Ornamental in the Fertilizer Application forum .

Dismiss Notice

Craftsman Edger # 536797513

Discussion in 'Mechanic and Repair' started by Michael123, Dec 7, 2018.

1. Michael123

Michael123 LawnSite Member

I have a Craftsman Edger Model number 536797513 I guess with a 3 hp Tecumseh engine anyway I got it from my neighbor and replaced spark plug, belt and put a new carb on it last summer...and it ran great
    Now when I went to start it it wouldn't start so I took off the carb and cleaned it but I wasn't paying attention to the carb linkage and it fell off
    Well I put it back together and it started but I believe I have the linkage on wrong (in the wrong hole) Does anyone have a diagram or photo of where the linkage should go I looked all over the web and can't seem to find a diagram or photo of my model Edger... it doesn't have a primer bulb

2. Walker56

Walker56 LawnSite Silver Member

sjessen and Doc8406 like this.
  3. Michael123

Thanks Walker but it doesn't show the linkage from carb to either the governor or throttle...I not which it is?
    Maybe I should post a photo to show the linkage
    What I'm talking about it's the lever on the carb with multiple holes going to an arm that is mounted on the block as I said I don't know if it's the governor or the throttle

4. Michael123

5. Michael123

It's the rod that goes from carb to arm on engine
    Can't see the holes in the because gas tank in the way

6. Walker56

That arm on the engine is the governor arm. Can you look at the drilled plate on the drilled throttle plate and see if there are any wear marks near any of the holes?

sjessen and Breezmeister like this.
  7. Michael123

So that's the governor arm thought so... tomorrow I'll look at it closer to see if there are wear marks by the hole but the carb not been on it very long..but I can check again and get back to you
    I was gonna mark the hole when I took it apart...but never figured it would come off the carb so easy...that's what get for figuring!!

8. Walker56

You will get this resolved. Everyone has been in similiar situations. And if someone says they haven’t, they are full of it.

Breezmeister, sjessen and Doc8406 like this.
  9. Walker56

Here is another service manual. Take a look at page 24.

Attached Files:

sjessen likes this.