Lawn Care Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a craftsman m110 push mower starts right up first pull seems to run good but once mowers warmed up I see oil leaking out of air filter box on deck of mower. Mower is only year old oil is not overfilled or mower has not been tip over wrong way. I need help. I have check web and cannot find any answers

·
Premium Member
8,857 Posts
That's very odd. Oil would have to be bypassing the intake valve back into the air filter. Seems almost impossible unless that valve isn't seating correctly. That's where I would start. Not saying it didn't happen just very odd.

·
Registered
657 Posts
Might want to do a leak down test. I owned an old mower with a Tecumseh engine. Intermittently the engine would spit oil out of the breather. Rings were stuck on the piston, which caused compression to enter the crankcase and push the oil out. You could pull the breather hose off of the carburetor to see if there is oil inside.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Like when I start the mower it's find but after it's been running and iam mowing there is always oil on the deck from air filter other than oil leak out of air filter. Mower runs good. Others I have talked to said might be the breather seed or head gasket or possibly the breather tube it's self. thanks for all the good information I will definitely check into

1 - 4 of 4 Posts