1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Catch up on the conversation about fertilization strategies for success with the experts at Koch Turf & Ornamental in the Fertilizer Application forum.

Dismiss Notice

Craftsman Pro Series 39790 223cc 28" Wide Cut Rear Wheel Drive Lawn Mower

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing Equipment' started by wdrdoctor, Jun 18, 2017.

1. wdrdoctor

wdrdoctor LawnSite Senior Member

Is this mower just as fast or faster than the Toro Timmaster 30" ?

I have never used the Timemaster personal pace system,and I've heard that it doesn't pull you,and that you have to push it.

The only two upsides to the Toro would be it's lighter in weight,and that the highest cutting level is 4.25 inches ,as opposed to the craftsman being 3.75 inches.

2. Inks

Inks LawnSite Member

Its slower. MTD engineered a more robust timing belt system than the one on the Timemaster but other than that its got a lot of problems. Slowish (for larger lots), bag was an afterthought, single point wheel adjustments. The self propel is just a crappy personal pace copy and isn't as intuitive and actually kind of annoying when you go to turn. Not worth nearly a grand in my opinion but I don't think the Timemaster is either.

3. wdrdoctor

So your saying the new craftsman 28" walk behind is having a lot of problems? Where are you getting this info?

4. wdrdoctor

I just confirmed with Sears how the 2 year mower warranty works in regards to warranty repair. Sears will always send a tech to your house to fix the mower problem under warranty. You just contact Sears and they make an appt.

5. dishboy

dishboy LawnSite Fanatic
    from zone 6

Deck is a offset blade , since there is no timing belt , I guess it is more robust lol.