1. Ask the Expert: Live Event with Koch - What's In The Bag?: March 22, 2018
    Learn how to do more with less when it comes to your fertilization services. Join the live Ask the Expert event hosted by Koch Turf & Ornamental: March 22, 12-2 p.m. ET in the Fertilizer Application forum.

Dismiss Notice

Craigslist advertising

Discussion in 'Digital Marketing' started by Greencuts518, Mar 13, 2018.

1. Greencuts518

Greencuts518 LawnSite Senior Member

I just saw Craigslist is charging $5 per ad for services offered starting March 15th. What's everybody's thoughts on that? So much for free advertising. I noticed 2 years ago they started charging $25 for help wanted ads. I would hope this weeds out the spammers and over posters but only time will tell.
  2. tonygreek

tonygreek LawnSite Gold Member

It's about time the fees made their way into the Services categories. Even $1 a pop would de-clutter the site for both legit providers and people trying to sift through the junk to find a service provider.
  3. Greencuts518

$5 per ad
    $5 to re post
    It's additional $5 per category and $5 per city
    Ads run for 30 days

No more needing multiple accounts and hoping you don't get flagged. Just pony up.
    I'll run a couple custom image ads everyday and see if it pays off.
  4. JMK26

JMK26 LawnSite Platinum Member
    Male, from Missouri

Where did you see that? I just googled it and couldn't find anything.

I don't use CL much anymore, but plop an ad on there once in awhile so maybe I missed it.

5. Greencuts518

It tells you when you go to post an ad . I just got all that info from Craigslist as I emailed them to find out facts
    JMK26 likes this.
  6. Greencuts518

Lol...I just checked Craigslist services offered and today is the first day of $5 per ad fee. Only one ad for the whole day. I'm sure it will pick up with the weather but as of right now $5 killed the clutter.
  7. Matt LI LAWNZ

Matt LI LAWNZ LawnSite Member

i agree i feel like this'll free up the non serious clutter. we still get a couple decent leads from there and it's just so cheap