Craigslist deleted all my ads...?

Discussion in 'Digital Marketing' started by swaptrex, May 3, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. swaptrex

swaptrex LawnSite Member

I've been posting on CL for roughly 1.5 years, and have acquired almost half of my customers using this method. I post 6 ad's per day (because people spam and the ad's get buried quickly), spread out throughout the day. Between two accounts I had roughly 160 ad's that I use to renew daily, which took months. One morning this week I woke up to renew an ad, and all my ad's were flagged. Now, when I create new ad's, one account they get flagged immediately, the other account, sometimes they stick sometimes they don't. Has anyone experienced this? Thanks in advance.

2. Mitty87

Mitty87 LawnSite Silver Member

It's most likely competition flagging your ads. Craigslist employees wouldn't take your ads down, try post under a new email address with different wording for your ads and see what happens. I don't know if you violate their terms if you can shut you down somehow but I doubt it, because many companies post several of the same ads.

13Razorbackfan likes this.
  3. Mitty87

Sorry just re read, 160 ads is extremely excessive, how do you have so many? im still guessing your competition though

4. RussellB

RussellB LawnSite Fanatic

I'd shut you down just because your ads would be annoying as hell. One ad is enough. Just saying.

5. Mitty87

I would try to not rely on Craigslist too much, it's nice and I get a few calls a week from it too but when you have to make 6 ads a day I'd rather focus on something else.

Grassholes and GrassManKzoo like this.
  6. knox gsl

knox gsl LawnSite Fanatic

It's your competition, CL doesn't censor ads. I've not ever used CL for advertising but there's no policing of it from CL employees for the most part. That's what keeps it free or cheap compared to other avenues but with user policing it leaves a lot to be desired when it comes to this.

Wye Oak Tree likes this.
  7. OP
    OP
    swaptrex

swaptrex LawnSite Member

160 ad's is over a few month period, I'm not saying I post 160 per day. CL only let's each account create 3 new ad's per day. I create 3 per day per account, then on the days I don't have time to create new ones in the morning I renew the old ad's.

Ok.

I've gotten over 100 accounts in 1.5 years from Craigslist, what would you recommend?

ltdlawn likes this.
  8. JMK26

JMK26 LawnSite Fanatic
    Male, from Missouri

You say you post 6 times a day to avoid spammers, but posting 6 ads a day is spamming. The limit is 1 ad in each category every 48 hours. It probably is competition that is tired of seeing other companies post more than they can/do. Nothing wrong with them doing that it's how CL works.

I cut and pasted this from CL FAQ's:
    "How often can I post?
    You may post to one category and in one city, no more than once every 48 hours.

If you try to post something similar to an active post of yours on the site, you may get a blocked message. Removing the similar active post should help, unless it is less than 48 hours old."

9. OP
    OP
    swaptrex

swaptrex LawnSite Member

Unfortunately, in my area of south FL, if I were to post once every 48hr, that specific ad would be on page 100 by the 48th hr.

Steve likes this.
  10. oqueoque

oqueoque LawnSite Platinum Member
    Male, from Jersey

I use craigslist to advertise apartments for rent, and when I do, I always flag all multiple listings no matter how long it takes me.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.