1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Catch up on the conversation with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns in the Franchising forum plus sign up to receive a FREE eBook on how to grow your landscape business.

Dismiss Notice

crate engine

Discussion in 'Trucks and Trailers' started by bigviclbi, Dec 6, 2010.

1. bigviclbi

bigviclbi LawnSite Senior Member
    from nj

Anybody have a good website to get a new engine. Looking for a chevy 5.7 for my 93 chevy 3500 dump. thanks.

2. GunnPropertyServices

GunnPropertyServices LawnSite Senior Member

i have heard jasper engines are pretty good

3. mowin at the lake

mowin at the lake LawnSite Member

put a oreilly motor in our 98 2500 gmc 4x4 $1850.00 re-man with a 3 year warranty. Did it a year ago and it still runnung fine.
    Put a gm crate motor(7.4) in our 2000 1 ton, it was cheaper to buy from a chicago gm dealer than local by $1500

4. mmacsek

mmacsek LawnSite Senior Member

You do what you want but I would never spend the premium money for a Jasper. I had one installed in an 89 Ford superduty and it leaked oil and still used about a quart of oil in 1000 miles. The Jasper certified installer did nothing. I know there are alot of people on this forum that swear by them, I'm not one of them. I think they are about the same money but check out a GM crate engine. I had a Motorcraft E4OD trans installed by a trans shop in our 96 PU about 40000 miles ago and it is flawless. Matt

5. unkownfl

unkownfl LawnSite Gold Member

I'd get a used engine from a reputable local yard man.