1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Catch up on the conversation with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns in the Franchising forum plus sign up to receive a FREE eBook on how to grow your landscape business.

Dismiss Notice

Craving???

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Trevors Lawn Care, Jul 13, 2004.

1. Trevors Lawn Care

Trevors Lawn Care LawnSite Bronze Member

I am craving a new mower....I dont know why. I have everything i need now, but just seem to want to buy a new mower.

Any of you guys get that crave? I think i may end up getting something new soon.

Trevor

2. all degree

all degree LawnSite Senior Member

I think that is the biggest mistake guys make that do this. We all want new stuff but its money out of your pocket.

I almost bought a new mower this year but decided to make do with the one I have. The new one was a great deal and mine is only a year old.

When it came down to it I would rather work a little harder with a smaller mower than be out 5k

Shake it off and keep your money

3. Lazer_Z

Lazer_Z LawnSite Silver Member
    from NJ

Trevor I have the same thing going on but i'm going to wait till early to mid fall and talk to my dealer and see what kind of deal I can get.

4. Trevors Lawn Care

Trevors Lawn Care LawnSite Bronze Member

I hate it....

Trevor

5. Liberty Lawncare

Liberty Lawncare LawnSite Senior Member

Man I am dying for a new mower. My mower works great no problems and nice stripes. It is a belt drive 48 the belt drive is the problem sometimes I have to mow in the rain but no way with the belt drive.
    I have to wait till next year :mad:
    I need at least a hydro walk behind but have been looking at Z's and started thinking about a stander.
    What mower has you drooling for a new one?

6. Lawn Dog2001

Lawn Dog2001 LawnSite Bronze Member

I am in the same boat. My biggest WB was giving me some problems, and the dealer was having trouble figuring out what was wrong. I was almost about to buy a new hydro, and then my dealer fixed my machine. Its now running great. Only problem was I was really looking forward to the new mower. So I kind of have the itch now too. I also am holding off untill fall, unless I have more problems.

7. timinkc

timinkc LawnSite Member

seems like evertime i get that feeling a few months latter i've got a new one

8. TheKingNJ

TheKingNJ LawnSite Senior Member

i've been craving a ferris IS3000 lately and since they have the 0% financing for 3 years, that only makes me want to jump on it more

9. imograss

imograss LawnSite Senior Member

Take your mower that you are wanting to get rid of....,clean it up real good.....,stand back and take a good look at it........, and it will beg you to stay, and you should if its trouble free. My .02

10. leeslawncare

leeslawncare LawnSite Senior Member

I've got a old machine 97 xmark 52" TT . I would like to have a new one to but my way of thinking it "If it isn't broke don't replace it "