CRAZY! KR Bluestem!!

Discussion in 'Pesticide & Herbicide Application' started by WeedManWeatherford, Oct 10, 2013.

1. WeedManWeatherford

WeedManWeatherford LawnSite Member

Hmmm... I will revisit Celcius with some MSO. I have never had much luck with Celcius and sticker on KR BS and only tried a bit with MSO. Celcius is all I use with new lawns picked up mid-season with high weed pressure - very pleased with its performance.

Revolver has never worked for me. Following the label carefully for DG proved to be a big waste of time and money for me. I would love to know if anyone has had great success on Dallisgrass with celcius/revolver combo with MSO in the fall and specifics on rates and frequency of application.

Until then, I will hit my KR Bluestem patches with glyphosate now and perhaps again in spring. Hopefully, customers will cooperate with sodding of areas I torch.

2. greendoctor

greendoctor LawnSite Fanatic

Height and method of cut makes a big difference in how well these herbicides work for removal of target weeds from bermuda.

3. WeedManWeatherford

WeedManWeatherford LawnSite Member

So what are you going to do with this mess? Celcius + mso? You should have the temps in Austin to give it a fair shake. I'd love to know how it turns out...

4. FdLLawnMan

FdLLawnMan LawnSite Bronze Member

Posted via Mobile Device

5. Turf Dawg

Turf Dawg LawnSite Gold Member

Hey Weedman
    How are you applying Celsius? A Chemlawn/shower gun will not do it justice on these hard weeds. It will take awhile do get rid of this stuff with Celsius/MSO mix and Image. But you can get it under control. It even took several treatments with the good old MSMA
    Posted via Mobile Device

6. greendoctor

Don't know about how it is in Texas, but I have an easier time selling gradual removal of invasives vs killing areas off to re sod. Sod costs money and in areas less than the size of a sports field, there is not much machinery to do the laying. The less expensive, lower labor way to do it is treating the weed and letting the desirable turf re take the area.

7. ed2hess

ed2hess LawnSite Fanatic

Here is what it looks like with 2 treatments of msma and sticker andwith temperature above 90 degrees. This particular area always has a lot of KRBS so took a packpack and give it a shot. I will bet this will come out then I will hit it with Celsuis/MSO.

On the otherhand which do you think the customer prefers, dead looking or nice and green?:laugh:

20131012_091848.jpg

20131012_091622.jpg

8. greendoctor

Tall clumpy stuff, no matter what color it is does not pass with my customers. I do not like anything that my mower leaves unmowed either. Nice job ed. If you had simazine and Image in the spray, that would be my grassy weed removal mix prior to my state banning simazine and MSMA being restricted to golf courses and sod farms.

9. ed2hess

ed2hess LawnSite Fanatic

Is the mso stuff?

20131015_101646.jpg

10. Turf Dawg

Turf Dawg LawnSite Gold Member

yes sir

I really helps