Crazy old lady won't leave us alone

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Rockchoplawn, Oct 22, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Rockchoplawn

Rockchoplawn LawnSite Member

So we are currently having problems with the neighbor of one of our mowing accounts. This old broad is under the impression we let her dog out and it is our fault it was hit by a car. There is no reason for us to even be on her property much the less use her gate- we clearly did not do it.

Now for the past two weeks she follows us around with a camera, when we have told her several times it isn't safe for her to be so close. She even would come in the backyard until last time when we blocked the gate from her coming back. Crazy lady then decided to get her hose and spray my guy from over the fence, entire time he was trimming.

It's a rental property and client is out of state, so telling them wouldn't make a difference. And I'm not sure how the tenants are. Luckily there's only a few visits left this year but if anyone has any pointers on how to address this, or had a similar scenario would be helpful

2. Mitty87

Mitty87 LawnSite Bronze Member

Maybe get the police to make a note of it so if she gets out of control you have something on record. Sounds like she isn't going to let it go.

3. Fuzzy1

Fuzzy1 LawnSite Senior Member

Call the POLICE ...

4. Rockchoplawn

I was thinking that but I'm just not sure what laws they would pursue it under. I imagine it would eventually constitute some form of harassment but she is 70 something... Also don't want to look like a bad guy getting an old lady in trouble

5. JMK26

JMK26 LawnSite Bronze Member
    Male, from Missouri

Maybe this....don't call the police on her, but go to the police station and explain the situation to the desk sergeant or an officer and ask their advice. Explain it just like ya did to us including the not wanting to look like a bad guy getting a 70 year old woman in trouble but it keeps escalating.

Then go from there.

Or drop the property and let the owner (not the renters) know why...if you went the cop route explain to him the cops can't do anything and your choices are to drop the property or make your employees put up with it and it isn't fair to your employees to put them through that.

6. Rockchoplawn

We did look her up and she has 6 DUI's, several speeding tickets, felony evasion, and probation violations. So I think they will know who I'm talking about when I tell the desk. I think your idea is great- and they will likely contact her about it.

Guess worst case she does get in trouble, I can feel a little better because of her rap sheet.

7. RussellB

RussellB LawnSite Fanatic

You could always wait until she sprays your trim guy with something other than the garden hose. Get the police to talk to her.

8. JMK26

JMK26 LawnSite Bronze Member
    Male, from Missouri

Yeah, then definately call the cops. I wouldn't fret it with 6 DUI's....drunk drivers p!ss me off to no extent and don't deserve any ounce of compassion for anything, especially 6! little old lady or not.

9. Rockchoplawn

If the property owner didn't have 7 other lawns we service I would definitely drop it. I'm thinking it is best to not tell him about this but just hoping the police would not need to contact him?

10. River

River LawnSite Silver Member
    Male, from Wisconsin

If she hit me with a hose while I was trimming i’d cut her feet off.

She probably has dementia or is schizophrenic or something crazy

Grassholes and weeze like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.