1. Can’t make it to the GIE+EXPO 2017?
    LawnSite brings the trade show floor to your fingertips with our new GIE+EXPO 2017 Sneak Peek video series debuting now in the Lawn Mowing forum.

Dismiss Notice

Credit cards

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Toddppm, Jul 11, 2000.

1. Toddppm

Toddppm LawnSite Senior Member
    from VA

I have checked on accepting credit cards a couple times and the companies offering the service seemed pretty shady, $300-500 app. fee no guarantee you'll be accepted. Where did you'all setup your credit card service? I tried my bank before but they wanted a storefront for that. I have since changed banks i will ask my new one. What is the going rate on charges you take ? Last i checked with the shady co.s, they wanted about 3%. Seems like a good way to get paid on time and immediatley after jobs are done, easier for the wives to spend on new projects too!

2. KirbysLawn

KirbysLawn Millenium Member

I accept Visa, MC, and AmEx. I did not have to pay any fee, just 3% of total. Have not had and transaction yet, we will see what aeration season brings!<p>Ray

3. Toddppm

from VA

How did you get setup to accept?Know of a company that does this?Thanks

4. Lanelle

Lanelle LawnSite Bronze Member

There are several ways to set-up the credit card account. Check with Costco. Also, E-mail me since we're in the same area and we can compare notes on local banks. We have used two different ones. <br>E-mail: Snilanelle@aol.com

5. dhicks

dhicks Member

We take AMX (3.4%) kickback to AMX and we take Visa and Mastercard on-line, 1.9%. If interested in taking Visa or Mastercard online, visit my website and click the PayPal logo. So, far, the few customers that pay by credit card like it. <p>----------<br>--Disneyland on the Potomac - ICQ [icq]31223414[/icq]<br>www.go-emerald.com

6. KirbysLawn

KirbysLawn Millenium Member

I did it at the bank I have my business account at, Centura. They set everything up and it was simple!

7. Toddppm

from VA

My new bank is sending me the app. today. MC/VISA, 2.3%, .25 per trans., $95 setup fee(he hesitated when he mentioned this?HMMMM). That's if i use my own terminal, can also use telephone but higher rate and trans fee, sounds pretty good to me , they have some refurbished terminals at half price too.Want to get setup before Yellow pages deadline in sept. anyway, will start putting in new adds asap also.