• Online Events For Landscapers!
    With GIE+EXPO cancelled, virtual education and product launches are filling up the fall. Check out dates for Caterpillar, Exmark, NALP, and more. Click here to learn more.

creeping Charlie (ground ivy) -- best kill?

americanlawn

LawnSite Fanatic
When do you get the best kill on it? What herbicide do you prefer?

(we use Chaser ester, and on hot days, we actually get 100% kill once in awhile)

Seems homeowners cannot buy the stuff we use over the counter?

RSCVP please. Thanks.

Grandview

LawnSite Gold Member
Surge has worked the best. I get 95% control or better, even under poor conditions. I have not tried a lot of herbicides. The other two herbicides I have used are Confront and Three-ways.

Nathan Robinson

LawnSite Senior Member
ester bases are dangerous when it is hot outside. thats why the first ester was called cool power...lol... I have tried this new herbicide and I think it is the best on the market. I really do. Its Gordans ProForm Q-4. Kills sedges, broadleafs and grassy weeds all at the same time. Its a 4way so it is way better than any other 3way. try it and thank me later.

Runner

LawnSite Fanatic
I use 3 way and spike it with confront using .25oz/M. For residential, I use Momentum FX as a spike.

Runner

LawnSite Fanatic
Thanks. I may do that. Are you referring to using it as a spike?

teeca

LawnSite Bronze Member
i like cool power, or chasser... both give great resaults

chimmygew

LawnSite Senior Member
I've had great results with MecAmine-D

teeca

LawnSite Bronze Member
I've had great results with MecAmine-D
i've used it before, just takes a couple of hits, i will say it's better then anyother 3-way amine product out there. jmo