Crew accountability ap??

Discussion in 'Business Operations' started by azlandshapes, Feb 12, 2020 at 1:27 PM.

1. azlandshapes

azlandshapes LawnSite Member

Once a month I have an issue with a client who calls and says that they don’t know if my crew was on site and they’re not willing to pay because the yard has weeds or leave or some other issue. Of course my crew says they were there they did the work they’ve recorded the time in & the timeout however there’s no photographs and just a complaining client unwilling to pay. I know from speaking to folks at Ferrandino and sons that they use an app for crews to sign in & out in addition they can take photos and notes. This would seem to Eliminate the issues that I’m having with clients who feel like maybe we didn’t show up. Is this app available to the public or is it just a proprietary app? How do you folks deal with these issues? do you have a standard solution. I’d love to hear your comments and suggestions

thanks again

Jason

Arizona Landshapes LLC

Green Industry Pro and hort101 like this.
  2. Mark Stark

Mark Stark LawnSite Fanatic

We've had a couple of complaints about this and it got really annoying. It's one of the reasons we added GPS units to all of our trucks. Now when a customer complains and tries to say we weren't there I can pull up the exact times that we were there and when we left. I can print a report out for them and show them that our truck was there.

3. Crazy 4 grass

Crazy 4 grass LawnSite Bronze Member

My company uses t sheets. It fulfills all your requirements and many more. YouTube has many videos on it.

4. OP
    OP
    azlandshapes

What’s the Cost of that ?

5. rclawn

rclawn LawnSite Bronze Member

You need to make your customers pay. No excuse for not paying. Tell her that your crew has recorded the service and non payment will be treated as a breach of contract. A letter outlining your intent to pursue the matter in small claims court should do the trick. Do not let your clients pull a fast one on you like that.

Last edited: Feb 12, 2020 at 1:43 PM
  6. Crazy 4 grass

It's a time tracking app. Approx $50monthly.
    GPS, pic documentation, time clock for employees, scheduling, billing, payroll. It's an intuit program can be synced with quickbooks, intuit payroll. Etc etc

Green Industry Pro and hort101 like this.
  7. OP
    OP
    azlandshapes

Great. I’m already QB friendly

Crazy 4 grass likes this.
  8. Crazy 4 grass

Also sounds like you should drop a swap the bad clients for better

9. Crazy 4 grass

Seriously check it out. It takes commitment on the front end learning everything but well worth it long term. Everything becomes seemless

10. OP
    OP
    azlandshapes

Yeah I’ve been firing clients a lot ( well not that much but a few) this last season. I get regular accolades from clients re this specific crew so I’m doubting her credibility as I write this.