1. Is Landscaping An “Essential Business” In Your Region?
    Read the timely article from Turf addressing this question. Click here to learn more.

COVID-19 Safety Procedures For Landscapers
    As you are working out in the field, maximize safety for you, your crews, and customers. Click here to learn more.

Dismiss Notice

Crew accountability ap??

Discussion in 'Business Operations' started by azlandshapes, Feb 12, 2020.

1. Crazy 4 grass

Crazy 4 grass LawnSite Silver Member

Check out the recent thread entitled

Inexpensive GPS

Mark Stark likes this.
  2. Mark Stark

Mark Stark LawnSite Fanatic

The GPS units are provided for free from the company we use. We pay something like $15 per month per unit. No contracts. They've had great customer service and we've been happy with them.

The company that we work with is called: One Step GPS.

3. North Idaho Dream

North Idaho Dream LawnSite Fanatic

Dash cams come in handy too. :)

Mark Stark, hort101 and Crazy 4 grass like this.
  4. grassmonkey0311

grassmonkey0311 LawnSite Gold Member

We use yardbook with tablets in the trucks as well as GPS trackers inside the trucks. When they click "complete" when the job is done on the yardbook app, I can compare it to what the GPS data says. It's 100% impossible to fool the data.

I let all employees know prior to the season the policy on skipping lawns- zero tolerance and no 2nd chances.

For customers, the first time they complain, I go through the data from yardbook and the truck GPS and let them know it matches up. I also stop by and take pictures (maybe we mowed it and did a sloppy job). If they complain again after another mowing (and are biweekly) they need to change to weekly or find another lawn service. If they are already weekly, I refer them to another lawn service.

Every year we have a small hand full that say we didn't mow.

North Idaho Dream likes this.
  5. RedSox4Life

RedSox4Life LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Mass

Not trying to hi jack the thread here...... it can you elaborate on why you like Tsheets? Did you look into the others like jobber and service autopilot? What made you not choose one of those?

6. andersman02

andersman02 LawnSite Senior Member

I would really look into some kind of crm software that tracks gps and start/stop times, many do it

7. Crazy 4 grass

@RedSox4Life -

Tsheets isn't the only way. It might not be the best way either. It's what my company has been using and it works for us. I haven't used either of the programs you mentioned so I cant really compare to them. The way I picked t sheets - I asked a couple close friends in the trades what program their companies used to track time. They both used t tsheets. I researched it a bunch, liked what I saw and have been using it ever since. I've commented in several threads on this topic at length and to avoid retyping I'm just going to post a couple of my past comments in other threads on this.

8. Crazy 4 grass

9. Crazy 4 grass

10. grass man 11

grass man 11 LawnSite Senior Member

Service autopilot. Crew takes before and after photos. Devices get GPS. Beyond that if your team really was there, there should be obvious signs of work being done. Last question to ask, how big of a problem is this? Is it often, how costly is it. Too many times we try and solve problems by putting out small fires with larger buckets of water. Sometimes the best thing to do from an ROI standpoint is let the small fires burn out on there own.