• PPP The Second Time Around
    The Emergency Coronavirus Relief Act of 2020 passed in December contained $284 billion for the renewed Paycheck Protection Program (PPP). Click here to read the article.

crew?? where to find good workers??

mhaysmow

LawnSite Member
hey everyone need a little help right now im solo and this coming spring i will be needing a couple of workers to put on a new job. wanting to get some help on how to go about finding workers. Is putting a ad in the paper a good idea? where else does anyone find guys for there crew?
thanks mitchell

TURFLORD

LawnSite Senior Member
Pull in to the local "union hall", hold up two fingers, and say "trabahadors".

BALDEAGLE

LawnSite Member
TURFLORD said:
Pull in to the local "union hall", hold up two fingers, and say "trabahadors".
THEN... try to look at yourself,in the mirror....what do ya see...

TURFLORD

LawnSite Senior Member
BALDEAGLE said:
THEN... try to look at yourself,in the mirror....what do ya see...
I know where this is going and I don't want to jack this thread. Start a new thread and we can argue there. Not like this is a new subject.:p :waving: And I am serious about my advice.

Az Gardener

LawnSite Gold Member
What the He!! is trahabadors :confused: ? your spanish sucks :p ! No wonder you can't get help. The labor market is thin, I have had -0- luck from the newspapers the last few times. I got quite a few responses from jobbing .com The response is instant, put in the add and start receiving e-mails immediately and you can deal with it on your schedule no phone interruptions. with all that said I had one guy last for a while and he ended up instigating a fight with another employee :nono: . So he is gone. I have got one good employee from here LawnSite. I also made up fliers and posted on community collage campus got one guy from that, turned out to be a Nazi, very intelligent but trouble with one of my Jewish guys :eek: . He didn't last. At my business coaches advise I carry a few business cards that say on the back "you have impressed me with your customer service if you need a change please call". I met a really polite guy at McyD's and gave him the card he called within 30 minutes very nice ex military thought he would be great turned out to be peculiar . Evidently he had these howling spells, :dizzy: like a wolf the guys said. Ended up getting in a big argument about someone stealing his sandwich, this bunch are not practical jokers so he was gone :waving: . I forgot to mention I drug test my guys, do an IQ test and visual test, and do a background checks too before I hire. So I guess what I'm saying is it's a lot of luck to get good employees. One of the best guys I found was asking for an application at a Mobil gas station. I told him you don't want to work there. Hop in and I will put you to work now. The guy worked for me for about 4 years. But that was back in the day. Good luck. :)

TURFLORD

LawnSite Senior Member
What the He!! is trahabadors ? your spanish sucks ! No wonder you can't g
get help.

I get help just fine. The Union Hall is always full. I never said I spoke fluent Amigo and obviously have trouble spelling it. The word "trabajadors" mean workers. After reading your post I think you should listen to what I'm saying. I think this thread just got jacked anyway.:cool:

cborden

LawnSite Member
If you are serious about needing help, go ask at a fire department. Most career firefighters can always use part-time work, and are used to being in the public eye and have no fear of hard work.

zturncutter

LawnSite Bronze Member
cborden said:
If you are serious about needing help, go ask at a fire department. Most career firefighters can always use part-time work, and are used to being in the public eye and have no fear of hard work.
Around here they are already in the business part time for themselves.